- 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “Living Sacrifice” using the Scripture Romans 12:1-8.
- 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel
- 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
- Friday, August 25th, 7:30 pm. & Sunday, August 27th, 7:00 p.m. –Dr. Joshua Duong, who comes from Shanghai (China), will speak at special Vietnamese services in the sanctuary. He will preach in English so everyone is welcome to attend both services.
- Thursday, September 7th, 6:00 p.m. – Chancel Choir Back to Choir Dinner in Acker Hall. Come one, Come All! We will be meeting for a wonderful evening of food and song. We will be having lasagna, garlic bread, green salad and cake for dessert. There will also be ice water and coffee. After eating we will gather at the piano and our new interim choir director, Eveline Eng, will direct us as we sing through some old and new songs. All of this is for the low cost of $5.00!! Not a better deal in town. There is no reading of music requirement and no auditions! We gather each Thursday to enjoy the fellowship and the music that we are learning so we can share it on Sunday mornings. We hope that you will come and give this opportunity a try. If you have any questions you can call Sally Hickman (714-839-0120) or Jonni Lorenz (714- 638-4640).
- Sunday, September 10th, 9:30 a.m. – Rally Sunday! The Samoan congregation is going to barbecue for everyone after church and we will eat in Acker Hall. UMW and UMM will be assisting. Children’s Council will have a kid’s activity table. The choir will return to the choir loft with a new interim choir director. We are going to invite all the new residents from Wesley Village to come to church and join us for the barbecue. So be sure to come and welcome our new neighbors!
- Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for September are needed. Signup in the office on the counter clipboard, or call the office at 714-534-1070.
- Monday, August 28th, 7:00 p.m. – Worship Commission Meeting in the Conference Room.
- Wednesday, September 6th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Sandy Boekelheide’s.
- Wednesday, September 13th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.