Sunday, March 12th
9:30 a.m. – Rev. Liu Tran’s sermon will be “When God Calls Us, God Will Bless Us” using the Scripture Genesis 12: 1-4a.
- 4:45 p.m. Potluck, 6:00 p.m. Worship – Celebrating World Day of Prayer! All our congregations will be participating – English speaking, Samoan, Korean, Vietnamese and Mar Thoma! We will be recognizing the Philippines in this year’s worship and offering. We’ll start with a Potluck dinner in Acker Hall then move to the Sanctuary for Worship.
- 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
Daylight Saving Time will start on Sunday, March 12th at 2:00 a.m. so if you don’t want to miss church this Sunday be sure you set your clocks ahead 1 hour before you go to sleep Saturday night.
- Easter Lily order forms will be available this Sunday, March 12ththrough Sunday, April 2nd in the Worship Bulletins and in the church office. Lilies are $2.50 each. Last day to order is Monday, April 3rd.
Are you having trouble hearing or UNDERSTANDING during the service? New “hearing impaired ear phones” with ear buds are available. When you come into the sanctuary, please ask one of the ushers for the new ear phones (hearing aids).
- Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! We need greeters for April! You can call the Church Office,714-534-1070, to sign up to greet as well.
- Lent is an important time in the Christian calendar when we focus on our faith. Brenda Weikel will be teaching a Lenten Study onTuesday evenings and Thursday afternoons beginning on the 14th and 16th of March and continuing for six weeks. We will be using a new book by Adam Hamilton entitled Creed, in which he explores the meaning of the Apostle’s creed in our lives. There will be weekly readings and a dvd segment for each session of the study. The book will be available from Brenda for $15.00. A large print edition is also available by special order for $20. If you wish to purchase an e-book, you can get it from Amazon.com for just under $10. Any questions, call Brenda at 714-898-7209 or 657-271-5627. See Brenda after church on Sunday to sign up and order your books.
- Saturday, March 18th, 6:00 p.m. – Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinnerin Acker Hall. Join United Methodist Men for a delightful evening, beginning with a special meal followed with great entertainment and lots of fellowship. All this can be yours for only $10 each for adults and $5 each for children 2-10. See John Elwell or Gary Palmer for tickets this Sunday, March 12th and they are available in the Church Office. You can also call for reservations up to 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 16th by calling the Church Office, 714-534-1070 (or Janine, 714-767-9082, if the phones aren’t working), or John Elwell, 714-313-8961.
- Sunday, April 2nd, 10:45 a.m. – Worship Commission Meeting in the Conference Room.
- Wednesday, April 5th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Ann’s.
- Thursday, April 13th, 3:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Committee in the Lounge.