- 9:30 a.m. – Pastor Toné Tosi’s sermon will be “It Takes Plenty of Faith“ using the Scripture Matthew 14:22-33.
- 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel
- 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
- Today, August 10th, 4:30-6:30 p.m. – Wesley Village Grand Opening Celebration. The festivities will begin in the Sanctuary.
- Thursday, September 7th, 6:00 p.m. – Chancel Choir Back to Choir Dinner in Acker Hall. Come one, Come All! We will be meeting for a wonderful evening of food and song. We will be having lasagna, garlic bread, green salad and cake for dessert. There will also be ice water and coffee. After eating we will gather at the piano and our new interim choir director, Eveline Eng, will direct us as we sing through some old and new songs. All of this is for the low cost of $5.00!! Not a better deal in town. There is no reading of music requirement and no auditions! We gather each Thursday to enjoy the fellowship and the music that we are learning so we can share it on Sunday mornings. We hope that you will come and give this opportunity a try. If you have any questions you can call Sally Hickman (714-839-0120) or Jonni Lorenz (714- 638-4640).
Sunday, September 10th, 9:30 a.m. – Rally Sunday! The Samoan congregation is going to barbecue for everyone after church and we will eat in Acker Hall. UMW and UMM will be assisting. Children’s Council will have a kid’s activity table. The choir will return to the choir loft with a new interim choir director. We are going to invite all the new residents from Wesley Village to come to church and join us for the barbecue. So be sure to come and welcome our new neighbors!
- Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! During the summer when the choir is off (July 9th-September 3rd), we ask members and friends to provide music for our Worship service. We will also have professional accompaniment available by Aletheia Teague, our guest organist, in August. August 20th is still available. If you or someone you know would like to participate, please contact Janine Ryder, firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-534-1070, to signup.
- Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for September are needed. Signup in the office on the counter clipboard, or call the office at 714-534-1070.
- Wednesday, August 23rd, 7:00 p.m. – Congregations Coordinating Committee (CCC) Meeting in the Lounge.
- Monday, August 28th, 7:00 p.m. – Worship Commission Meeting in the Conference Room.
- Wednesday, September 6th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Sandy Boekelheide’s.