April 3rd, 9:30 a.m.
- Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “Disagree with Boldness” using the Scripture Acts 5:27-32.
- 10:45 a.m. – United Methodist Men’s Brunch in Acker Hall. Everyone is invited to join UMM for Brunch after worship for a time of food and fellowship. $5.00 suggested donation.
- 11:00 a.m. – Contemporary Worship in the Chapel.
- 7:00 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship!
- 5:00 p.m. – Boy Scout Taco Night Fundraiser in Acker Hall. For your presale donation of $6.00 or $7.00 at the door you will get two tacos, rice, beans, salad, and a drink. Proceeds will help Scouts go to a special camp. A thought from John Elwell, UMM is the official sponsor for the Scouting program here at GGUMC and I would like to issue a special request for our congregation to support the scouting program and their fund raisers. The Scout program is growing every year and is an important part of our service to youth. The scouts have provided service to us on several occasions including the Easter cleanup of the campus. These young people deserve our support and I would like very much to see an increase in their activities. Let’s have a big turnout for the Taco Night, April 3rd!
- The answering machine part of our phone has been fixed! If you have an urgent matter you can still contact Janine by text or voice at 714-767-9082.
- Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! We need greeters for May! You can call the Church Office, 714-534-1070, to sign up to greet as well.
- Friday, April 15th, 1:00 p.m. – The free movie this month will be “Casablanca” (1942) with free popcorn & beverage in the Lounge. In Casablanca, Morocco during the early days of World War II, an American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications. Stars Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, and Paul Henreid.
- Saturday, April 16th, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. – Boy Scouts Yard Sale Fundraiser on the front lawn. Proceeds will help Scouts go to a special camp. If you would like to donate to the Yard Sale, bring your items that morning after 6:30 a.m.
- Sunday, April 17th, 10:30 a.m. – Youth Fellowship Baked Potato Bar Fundraiser in Acker Hall. After worship mosey on over to Acker Hall to enjoy a Baked Potato Brunch with all the fixings and support our youth on the Sierra Service Project mission trip this summer. Suggested Donation $5.00.
Upcoming Youth Events
- Sunday, April 3rd – Baked Potato Bar Fundraiser at Anaheim UMC 11:30 a.m.
- Sunday, April 10th – Youth Fellowship at Garden Grove UMC.
- Saturday, April 16th – Knott’s Berry Farm. Meet at Garden Grove UMC.
- Sunday, April 17th – Baked Potato Bar Fundraiser at Garden Grove UMC 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 6th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Anne Romine’s home.
- Thursday, April 7th, 1:00 p.m. – Centennial Circle Meeting at Sue Spangler’s home.
- Wednesday, April 20th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in Room 15.
- Thursday, April 14th, 3:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Committee in the Lounge.
- Wednesday, April 20th, 5:30 p.m. – United Methodist Women General Meeting in the Lounge. Dinner ($6.00 suggested donation) will be served first followed by a program on Identity Fraud presented by Kris Bakoaris from the Garden Grove Police Department. We invite all who are interested in Identity Fraud to come and join us. Remember dinner is free at your first meeting.