Sunday, May 19th
• 9:30 a.m. – Pastor Toné Tosi’s sermon will be “Love One Another” using the Scripture John 13:31-35. The Sonshine Singers will sing “The Gift of Love” arranged by Hal Hopson, the Chancel Choir will sing “Hallelujah, Amen” by George F. Handel, and the Samoan Choir will sing “You Are Lord” #129 from the Samoan Hymnal.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel. We will worship together in the Sanctuary this Sunday, May 19th.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• The deadline for the June issue (to be mailed Thursday, May 30th) of Expectations is 12:00 noon on Tuesday, May 21st. Any events occurring in June and July should be in this issue. You may E-mail articles to firstname.lastname@example.org, bring them to the Church Office, mail them, or (if they are short) call them in, on or before the deadline. Janine Ryder, Editor
• The Annual Choir Ice Cream Social has been postponed until the fall.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! If you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship services please contact H. H. Hanson, email@example.com or 714-904-0805, to sign up. We would love to have special music throughout the year!
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for June are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book, which also has signup pages for 2019.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Sunday, June 9th, 9:30 a.m. – Pentecost in the Sanctuary. We will celebrate Pentecost with all our language ministries – English speaking, Samoan, Korean, Vietnamese, and Horeb Mar Thoma! Pastors and choirs from each ministry will be participating in the worship service. Following worship we will celebrate and fellowship with a brunch on the patio. Food will be provided by each ministry group. If you have a favorite brunch dish that you would like to share, that will be welcome, too. Coffee, tea, punch, and paper goods will be provided by the Men’s Club. The Congregations Coordinating Council looks forward to seeing you there (wearing red is encouraged but optional).
• Tuesday, May 21st, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, May 22nd, 7:00 p.m. – Congregations Coordinating Council Meeting in the Lounge.
• Sunday, June 2nd, 10:45 a.m. – Worship Commission Meeting in the Conference Room.
• Wednesday, June 5th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Faye Gregory’s.
• Wednesday, June 5th, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the Lounge.
Copyright © 2019 Garden Grove United Methodist Church, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this E-Mail because you are a member of or have attended Garden Grove United Methodist Church.
Our mailing address is:
Garden Grove United Methodist Church
12741 Main Street
Garden Grove, Ca 92840