Sunday, March 24th – Third Sunday of Lent
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “God’s Way” using the Scripture Isaiah 55:1-9. The Chancel Choir will sing “Agnus Dei” from “Requiem” by Gabriel Fauré.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Toiletry items (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, bar soap, etc.) are needed for Blessing Bags.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! If you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship services please contact H. H. Hanson, email@example.com or 714-904-0805, to sign up. We would love to have special music throughout the year!
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for March March 31st and April are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book, which also has signup pages for 2019.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Sunday, March 31st is Pretzel Sunday! Bring your children and grandchildren, invite your friends and neighbors with children or grandchildren for this special day of making pretzels & crafts and learning about Lent & Easter. Children will be in the Sanctuary until “Time with the Children” then they will be led to Acker Hall where they will make their pretzel & crafts.
• Sunday, April 14th, 9:30 a.m. – Palm Sunday in the Sanctuary.
• Thursday, April 18th, 7:00 p.m. – Maundy Thursday Service in the Sanctuary.
• Friday, April 19th, 12:00 noon – The Annual Community Walk of the Cross will start at St. Anselm’s, move to St. Columban’s, then to GGUMC (about 1:30), and finish at 1st Presbyterian ending by 3:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend all or part of this and you can drive from church to church.
• Saturday, April 20th, 9:00 a.m. -12:00 noon – All Church Cleanup Day. Free Coffee, Donuts, and Juice! This is the day we try to get everything cleaned, including spots off the carpet in the sanctuary, windows, and outside stairwells. When we have plenty of helpers, it makes the job easier for everyone, so mark your calendars now so you don’t forget!
• Sunday, April 21st, 9:30 a.m. – Easter Celebration in the Sanctuary.
• Wednesday, April 3rd, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the Lounge.
• Sunday, April 7th, 10:45 a.m. – Worship Commission Meeting in the Conference Room.
• Tuesday, April 9th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Board Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, April 10th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, April 23rd, 7:00 p.m. – Church Council Meeting in the Lounge. Note new meeting day, it has moved to the 4th Tuesday of January, April, July & October.
Copyright © 2019 Garden Grove United Methodist Church, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this E-Mail because you are a member of or have attended Garden Grove United Methodist Church.
Our mailing address is:
Garden Grove United Methodist Church
12741 Main Street
Garden Grove, Ca 92840