Sunday, May 5th, 2019
• 9:30 a.m. – Pastor Toné Tosi’s sermon will be “The Instrument of God’s Will” using the Scripture Acts 9:10-20. The Chancel Choir will sing “Do Not Let Your Hearts be Troubled” by David Haas and the Samoan Choir will sing “Resounding Tale” #190 Samoan Hymnal.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel. This service resumed on Easter.
• The May issue of Expectations is available in the Church Office and on the Church Website (www.ggumc.net).
• Toiletry items (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, bar soap, etc.) are needed for Blessing Bags.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! If you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship services please contact H. H. Hanson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-904-0805, to sign up. We would love to have special music throughout the year!
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for May are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book, which also has signup pages for 2019.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Wednesday, May 15th, 5:30 p.m. – United Methodist Women’s General Meeting in the Lounge. The meeting will start with dinner, $6.00 suggested donation, followed by a program presented by Cynthia Brown on her and Ron Beaman’s Safari trip to Kenya and Tanzania.
• Saturday, June 8th, 6:00 p.m. – Annual Choir Ice Cream Social in Acker Hall. Save the Date! Watch for more information.
• Sunday, June 9th, 9:30 a.m. – Pentecost in the Sanctuary. We will celebrate Pentecost with all our language ministries – English speaking, Samoan, Korean, Vietnamese, and Horeb Mar Thoma! Pastors and choirs from each ministry will be participating in the worship service. Following worship we will celebrate and fellowship with a brunch on the patio. Food will be provided by each ministry group. If you have a favorite brunch dish that you would like to share, that will be welcome, too. Coffee, tea, punch, and paper goods will be provided by the Men’s Club. The Congregations Coordinating Council looks forward to seeing you there (wearing red is encouraged but optional).
• Tuesday, May 7th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Board Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, May 21st, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Meeting in the Lounge.
• Sunday, June 2nd, 10:45 a.m. – Worship Commission Meeting in the Conference Room.
• Wednesday, June 5th, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the Lounge.
Copyright © 2019 Garden Grove United Methodist Church, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this E-Mail because you are a member of or have attended Garden Grove United Methodist Church.
Our mailing address is:
Garden Grove United Methodist Church
12741 Main Street
Garden Grove, Ca 92840