Sunday, September 15th
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “It Breaks God’s Heart”
using the Scripture Jeremiah 4:11-12, 22-28. The Chancel Choir will sing “Now Let Us All Praise God and Sing” by Gordon Young under the
direction of Bill Shelly, our new Interim Choir Director.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Sock Sunday is September 29th! Once a year we collect socks for the
Assistance League’s Operation School Bell! They prefer any color tube,
crew & no show socks, size medium or children’s sizes 3-11, no men’s
dress or baby socks. There is a basket in the Church Office for your
donations. The socks will be blessed on Sunday, September 29th, during “Time with Children.” For more information, please call Vickie Iwasiwka at 714-321-0150. Thank you for your support and kindness.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other
musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! Pastor
Bau would like to continue having Special Music year round, so if you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship service please contact Janine Ryder, firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-534-1070.
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for the main door September 22nd & October are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on
the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book.
• Flowers for the Altar has openings now through December! If you have an event or person that you want to honor or memorialize with flowers
just sign up in the book on the counter in the office, next to the greeter
clipboard. You will also find the name and phone number of the florist
we use in the front. If you have any questions, ask Janine.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Wednesday, September 18th, 6:30 p.m. – United Methodist Women
General Meeting in Acker Hall. We will be making crafts for the Bazaar. Note: dessert/snacks only, no dinner this evening.
• Sunday, October 13th, 5:00 p.m. – All-Church Harvest Potluck Dinner inAcker Hall. Congregations Coordinating Council (CCC) is excited to be
sponsoring the fourth annual All-Church Harvest Potluck Dinner, with
entertainment by each of our worshipping groups. Everyone, please
bring a main dish. If your last name begins with A-L, please also bring a
salad or appetizer; if it begins with M-Z, please also bring a dessert.
Tableware and drinks will be provided. Questions? Please contact JackiePringle, Mary Lou Ball, Crystal Collino, Phuong Dinh, Susan Abraham, Ellen Park, or Barbara Tosi.
• Tuesday, September 17th, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations
Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, October 2nd, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, October 2nd, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the
• Tuesday, October 8th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive
Board Meeting in the Library.
• Tuesday, October 15th, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, October 29th, 7:00 p.m. – Church Council Meeting in the
Lounge. Please note this is a change from the regular meeting date!