Don’t forget you pledge card!
9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “When the Odds Are Against Us” using the Scripture 1 Samuel 1:4-20. The Chancel Choir will sing “Spirit, Shine on Us” arranged by Larson.
- 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
- 9:45 a.m. – Youth Worship
- 10:45 a.m. – Stewardship Celebration Brunch in Acker Hall hosted by our Vietnamese Congregation. Everyone is invited! Please stay for our Charge Conference at 12:30 p.m. in Acker Hall (see below for more information). Note: there will not be a United Methodist Men’s Brunch this Sunday, November 4th.
- 12:30 p.m. – Charge Conference in Acker Hall. This is our annual meeting where we make decisions about the coming year.
- 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
- Saturday, December 1st, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon – Come and help deck the hall, or Sanctuary as the case may be! Get a jump-start on Christmas in the church. Be part of the celebration! Cider, coffee, and donuts will be served. And remember, many hands make light work.
- Saturday, December 8th – “A Christmas Tapestry” the Garden Grove United Methodist Church Music Ministry’s 40th Annual Christmas Dinner and Concert. Doors open 5:30 p.m., Dinner 6:00 p.m. Adults $16, Children $8. Reservations for dinner are required. Reservation deadline is Tuesday, December 4th, call 714-534-1070. If you are unable to attend the dinner, you may still attend the Concert at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Freewill donation.
- Sunday, December 9th, 9:40 a.m. – Annual Children’s Advent Craft Day in Acker Hall. Bring your children to church as usual and then instead of going to Sunday school, we will all go to Acker Hall to make (and eat!!) Christmas cookies, an Advent wreath to take home, and many other fun crafts. Bring friends along to join in the fun! Hope to see lots of our young friends there!
- Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! If you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship services please contact H. H. Hanson, email@example.com or 714-904-0805, to sign up. We would love to have special music throughout the year!
- Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for December at the main door are needed. Signup in the office on the counter clipboard, or call the office at 714-534-1070.
- Tuesday, December 11th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
- Wednesday, December 12th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
- Wednesday, December 19th, 10:30 a.m. – United Methodist Women General Meeting in the Lounge. We’ll have a festive holiday brunch with more details to come. Please bring Target Gift Cards for youth at David & Margaret Home.