Sunday, January 5th – Epiphany
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “All Things Come Into Being through Him” using the Scripture John 1:1-9. The Chancel Choir will sing “Praise Ye the Lord of Hosts” by Saint-Seans.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 10:45 a.m. – United Methodist Men’s Brunch in Acker Hall. Everyone is invited to join them for Brunch after worship for a time of food and fellowship.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• The Church Office is closed, in observance of Christmas and New Year’s Day, from Wednesday, December 25th until Monday, January 6th when we will reopen!
• Pastor Bau will be doing a Confirmation class on Sundays, January 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2020 for about 30 minutes after worship for Youth who want to become members. Anyone who is interested should contact Janine or Pastor Bau, 714-534-1070.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! Pastor Bau would like to have Special Music year round, so if you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship service please contact Janine Ryder, firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-534-1070.
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for February are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book.
• Flowers for the Altar for 2019 are all signed up for this year, thank you! A calendar for 2020 is now available. If you have an event or person that you want to honor or memorialize with flowers just sign up in the book on the counter in the office, next to the greeter clipboard. You will also find the name and phone number of the florist we use in the front. If you have any questions, ask Janine.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Saturday, January 11th, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon – Sanctuary Undecorating Day! Remember, many hands make light work!
• Wednesday, January 15th, 5:30 p.m. – United Methodist Women General Meeting in the Lounge. January is Call to Prayer and Self Denial and they will have a soup supper, $6.00 suggested donation. Joyce Hall will present a program on “Plastics and Recycling (How do we solve this problem?).”
• Tuesday, January 7th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle at Ann Newsome’s.
• Tuesday, January 7th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Board Meeting in the Library.
• Wednesday, January 8th, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, January 21st, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, January 28th, 7:00 p.m. – Church Council Meeting in the Lounge.
Copyright © 2020 Garden Grove United Methodist Church, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this E-Mail because you are a member of or have attended Garden Grove United Methodist Church.
Our mailing address is:
Garden Grove United Methodist Church
12741 Main Street
Garden Grove, Ca 92840