Sunday, November 17th
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “A Dream World” using the Scripture Isaiah 65:17-25. The Chancel Choir will sing “Now Thank We All Our God” arranged by Howard Helvey.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• SCAM ALERT! Text messages saying they are from Bau Dang and asking you to buy gift cards for someone in the hospital are a SCAM! They are NOT from Bau and he would never ask you to do something like that, especially not in a text message.
• Pastor Bau will be doing a brief Confirmation class on Sundays after worship for Youth that want to become members. Anyone who is interested should contact Janine or Pastor Bau, 714-534-1070. Once we have a few signed up we will announce dates.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! Pastor Bau would like to have Special Music year round, so if you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship service please contact Janine Ryder, email@example.com or 714-534-1070.
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for the main door on December 8th & 15th are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book.
• Flowers for the Altar has openings for 2019 are all signed up for, thank you! A calendar for 2020 will be available shortly. If you have an event or person that you want to honor or memorialize with flowers just sign up in the book on the counter in the office, next to the greeter clipboard. You will also find the name and phone number of the florist we use in the front. If you have any questions, ask Janine.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Sunday, November 24th, 11:00 a.m. – Charge Conference in Acker Hall. This is our annual meeting where we make decisions for the coming year. Church Leaders should have received an email with a Charge Conference Report form attached (there are hard copies on the counter in the office) and a link to the Conference forms that need to be completed. If you haven’t already turned in your forms (they were due Wednesday, November 13th) you must turn them in tomorrow morning, Monday, November 18th.
• Saturday, November 30th, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon – Come and help deck the hall, or Sanctuary as the case may be! Get a jump-start on Christmas in the church. Be part of the celebration! Cider, coffee, and donuts will be served. And remember, many hands make light work.
• Saturday, December 7th – “A Christmas Concert of Lessons, Carols & Hymns” the Garden Grove United Methodist Church Music Ministry’s 41st Annual Christmas Concert with Dessert . Doors open 6:00 p.m., Dessert 6:15 p.m. Adults $5, Children $2, Family $15. If you are unable to come for dessert, you may still attend the Concert at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Freewill donation.
• Tuesday, November 19th, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, November 20th, 7:00 p.m. – Congregations Coordinating Council Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, December 4th, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle at Joyce Hall’s.
• Wednesday, December 4th, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, December 10th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Board Meeting in the Library.
• Wednesday, December 11th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, December 17th, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Meeting in the Lounge.
Copyright © 2019 Garden Grove United Methodist Church, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this E-Mail because you are a member of or have attended Garden Grove United Methodist Church.
Our mailing address is:
Garden Grove United Methodist Church
12741 Main Street
Garden Grove, Ca 92840