Sunday, October 6th
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be
“We Are One in Christ” using the Scripture Ephesians 4:4-13. The Chancel Choir will sing “Draw Us In the Spirit’s Tether” by Harold W. Friedell.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 10:45 a.m. – United Methodist Men’s Brunch in Acker Hall. Everyone is invited to join them for Brunch after worship for a time of food and fellowship. $5.00 suggested donation.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! Pastor Bau would like to continue having Special Music year round, so if you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship service please contact Janine Ryder, firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-534-1070.
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for the main door in November are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book.
• Flowers for the Altar has openings now through December! If you have an event or person that you want to honor or memorialize with flowers just sign up in the book on the counter in the office, next to the greeter clipboard. You will also find the name and phone number of the florist we use in the front. If you have any questions, ask Janine.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Sunday, October 13th, 5:00 p.m. – All-Church Harvest Potluck Dinner in Acker Hall. Congregations Coordinating Council (CCC) is excited to be sponsoring the fourth annual All-Church Harvest Potluck Dinner, with entertainment by each of our worshipping groups. Everyone, please bring a main dish. If your last name begins with A-L, please also bring a salad or appetizer; if it begins with M-Z, please also bring a dessert. Tableware and drinks will be provided. Questions? Please contact Jackie Pringle, Mary Lou Ball, Crystal Collino, Phuong Dinh, Susan Abraham, Ellen Park, or Barbara Tosi.
• Sunday, November 3rd, 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. – Annual Holiday Bazaar in Acker Hall. Come to church, stay, eat, and shop: Beautiful Handmade Jewelry, Hand Crafted Items, Baked Goods, Egg Rolls, Homemade Jams and Jellies, Books, Puzzles, and a Kids Corner. Holiday Luncheon 11:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., adults $8.00, children $4.00. Proceeds to benefit women and children here and around the world.
• Tuesday, October 8th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Board Meeting in the Library.
• Wednesday, October 9th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
• Sunday, October 13th, 11:00 a.m. – Nominating Committee Meeting in the Conference Room.
• Tuesday, October 29th, 7:00 p.m. – Church Council Meeting in the Lounge. Please note this is a change from the regular meeting date!
• Sunday, November 24th, 11:00 p.m. – Charge Conference in Acker Hall. This is our annual meeting where we make decisions about the coming year.