Sunday, July 7th
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “Reason to Rejoice” using the Scripture Luke 10:1-11, 16-20.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• The Church Office will be closed on Thursday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! While the Choir is off during July and August we like to have individuals or small groups perform, so if you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship service please contact Janine Ryder, email@example.com or 714-534-1070. We don’t have anyone signed up for July 7th, 14th & 21st, August 4th & 11th!
• Sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for July 21st & 28th are needed. Sign up in the office, on the clipboard, on the counter, next to the Flower Calendar book, which also has signup pages for 2019.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – English Worship in the Sanctuary.
• Every Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Every Sunday, 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Wednesday, July 17th, 10:15 a.m. – United Methodist Women Field Trip to the Hilbert Museum! They are currently showing Gifted: Collecting the Art of California at Gardena High School 1919-1956, The Magic and Flair of Mary Blair, and Sincerely, Norman Rockwell: Celebrating a New Acquisition. The museum is located across the street from Ruby’s in the Orange Train Station off Chapman. After we see the exhibitions, we will have lunch at Ruby’s. The Museum is free, be prepared to pay for your own lunch. Meet at the church at 10:15 a.m. to carpool to the museum. Come and join us.
• Friday, July 19th, 6:00-9:00 p.m. – Tacos for a Cause Fundraiser in Acker Hall. This fundraiser is for Matthew Leon’s Eagle Project restoring Room 20 here at Garden Grove United Methodist Church. He also has a donation jar in the Church Office.
• Saturday, August 17th, 5:00 p.m. – Mini Luau presented by our Samoan Congregation in Acker Hall. Come enjoy an evening of island magic with the music, dance, and food of Samoa! Dinner is BBQ chicken, beef, sausage, long rice, salad, and beverage. Entertainment will be provided by our very own GGUMC Samoan Youth & Young Adults. All this for only $20.00 per person. For those who are not able to make the Mini Luau, there will be a plate sale from 9:00 a.m. to about 4:00 p.m. the same day for $10 per plate.
• Wednesday, July 3rd, 10:15 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at The French Inn. Meet at the church to carpool.
• Wednesday, July 3rd, 6:30 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, July 9th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Board Meeting in the Library.
• Wednesday, July 10th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, July 16th, 7:00 p.m. – Staff Parish Relations Meeting in the Lounge.
• Tuesday, July 23rd, 7:00 p.m. – Church Council Meeting in the Lounge.
Copyright © 2019 Garden Grove United Methodist Church, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Garden Grove United Methodist Church
12741 Main Street
Garden Grove, Ca 92840