9:30 a.m. – Rev. Lui Tran’s sermon will be “The Blessedness of Obedience” using the Scripture Psalm 119:1-8.
- 7:00 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
- The deadline for the March issue (mailed Thursday, February 23rd)of Expectations is 12:00 noon on Tuesday, February 14th. Any events occurring in March and April should be in this issue. You may E-mail articles to email@example.com, bring them to the Church Office, mail them, or (if they are short) call them in, on or before the deadline. Janine Ryder, Editor
- Monday, February 20th – the Church Office will be closed in observance of President’s Day.
- Are you having trouble hearing or UNDERSTANDING during the service? New “hearing impaired ear phones” with ear buds are available. When you come into the sanctuary, please ask one of the ushers for the new ear phones (hearing aids).
- Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! We need greeters for February 26th, March 19th & 27th, and Wednesday, March 1st for the 12:00 noon Ash Wednesday Service! You can call the Church Office, 714-534-1070, to sign up to greet as well.
- Wednesday, March 1st, 12:00 noon – Ash Wednesday Service in the Chapel.
- Wednesday, February 15th, 5:30 p.m. – United Methodist Women General Meeting in the Lounge. Our program will be “Understanding Immigration in Today’s America”, Essie Harding, former immigration attorney from New York, former member of our church, and wife of Rev. Olu Harding will speak to us at UMW this month on the implications of the immigration question from the perspective of an attorney, a Christian, and an immigrant to this country. It will be a treat to have her come to us from the Lakewood UMC where Olu is the interim pastor. Join us for an informative and inspiring evening. Dinner is at 5:30 followed by the program. We will meet in the lounge. Dinner is $6.00 suggested donation. All are welcome.
- Saturday, March 4th, 1:00 p.m. – A Garden of Orchids, the United Methodist Women’s 49th Annual Tea & Fashion Show in Acker Hall. Come and join us for a lovely tea and fashions by Grace Doan, sister of Binh Dang. They will be a combination of Vietnamese dress and original designs. If you would like to host a table, please contact Jonni Lorenz 714-638-4640. Tickets are $25.00 and are available on the Patio after Worship starting on Sunday, February 12th.
- Sunday, March 12th, 4:45 p.m. Potluck, 6:00 p.m. Worship – Celebrating World Day of Prayer! All our congregations will be participating – English speaking, Samoan, Korean, Vietnamese and Mar Thoma! We will be recognizing the Philippines in this year’s worship and offering. We’ll start with a Potluck dinner in Acker Hall then move to the Sanctuary for Worship.
- Saturday, March 18th, 6:00 p.m. – Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinnerin Acker Hall. Join United Methodist Men for a delightful evening, beginning with a special meal followed with great entertainment by Dana Hills High School’s superb musicians and lots of fellowship. All this can be yours for only $10 each for adults and $5 each for children 2-10. John Elwell will sell tickets on Sunday, February 26th, March 5th& 12th.
- Wednesday, March 1st, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Anne Romine’s.