Order of Worship for Third Sunday of Lent, March 7th, 2021
- Opening Anthem: “Behold the Lamb of God” by G. F. Handel. Sung by the GGUMC Chancel Choir. Bill Shelly conducting. Organist Norberto Guinaldo. Recorded March 1st, 2020.
- Introduction, Opening Prayer, and The Lord’s Prayer by Rev. Dr. Bau Dang.
- Anthem: “God Adoring” by Katherine K. Davis. Sung by the GGUMC Chancel Choir. Bill Shelly conducting. Organist Norberto Guinaldo. Recorded February 23rd, 2020.
- Announcements and Prayer List by Cynthia Brown.
Please remember these people of our church family in your thoughts and prayers:
Evelyn McCart, Dexter Welton, Bud Ruhl, Gwen Anderson, David Gregory, Helen Sothan, Lilas Green, Steve Ryder, Pat Turner, and John Elwell who is undergoing treatment for esophageal cancer.
- Special Music: “You Raise Me Up” by Roger Emerson. Vocals by Cynthia Brown, Pamela Hall, Sally Hickman, Jonni Lorenz, Mark Schneider, Susan Semotan. Pianist Jennifer King. Recorded August 5th, 2018.
- Scripture Lesson by Cynthia Brown. John 2:13-22.
- Sermon by Toné Tosi, “Lead With Jesus”.
- Anthem: “The Old Hundredth Psalm Tune” by R. Vaughan Williams. Sung by GGUMC Chancel Choir. Conducted by Bill Shelly. Organist Norberto Guinaldo. Recorded February 9th, 2020.
- The Sacrament of Communion by Rev. Dr. Bau Dang.
- Special Music: “The Lord’s Prayer” sung by Jessica Cousins, Scales Mound United Methodist Church, Scales Mound, Illinois.
- Offering by Cynthia Brown.
- Doxology: “Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow” by Thomas Ken, license free music courtesy of smallchurchmusic.com.
- Benediction by Rev. Dr. Bau Dang