- Prelude: “Kyrie” arr. Wyrtzen, Bill Shelly conducting, Organ by N. Guinaldo, recorded November 4th, 2018.
- Greeting and Opening Prayer by Rev. Dr. Bau Dang
- Hymn #557: “Blest Be the Tie That Binds” by Fawcett and Nageli, arr. Mason, recorded November 4th, 2018.
- The Affirmation of Faith: The Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried.
He descended into hell,
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
- Announcements: By Mary Lou Ball. Announcement of the passing of Joan Riddle and Paul Cajiuit, both whom have been long time members of GGUMC. And their family members, who have been steadfast members to the United Methodist Church.
Prayer List: Evelyn McCart, Dexter Welton, Bud Ruhl, Gwen Anderson, David Gregory, Steve Ryder, the Cajiut family, and the Riddle family.
Please keep these people in your hearts and prayers.
- Hymn #430 “O Master, Let Me Walk with Thee”, by Gladden and Smith, recorded November 11th, 2018.
- Scripture Lesson from the Old Testament: Isaiah 6:1-5.
Isaiah 6:1-5 English Standard Version (ESV)
Isaiah’s Vision of the Lord
6 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!”
4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
- Sermon: “In A Time Like This” by Rev. Dr. Bau Dang
- Anthem: “Offertory” by John Ness Beck, sung by the GGUMC Chancel Choir, Bill Shelly conducting, Organ by N. Guinaldo, recorded November 10th, 2019.
- Offering: By Mary Lou Ball
Christian giving is not driven by obligation but by your willingness to serve. We would not be here without your help. God is eternal but every church relies on your large or not so large donations. Every donation will be equally blessed by the Lord.
The Widow’s Offering (Mark 12:41-44)
41 Then he sat down opposite the offering box, and watched the crowd putting coins into it. Many rich people were throwing in large amounts. 42 And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, worth less than a penny. 43 He called his disciples and said to them, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the offering box than all the others. 44 For they all gave out of their wealth. But she, out of her poverty, put in what she had to live on, everything she had.”
- Closing Prayer: Rev Dr. Bau Dang
- Postlude: “Coventry Carol” Traditional English Carol, settings by N. Guinaldo.