Sunday, September 16th
• 9:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Bau Dang’s sermon will be “Following Christ and Expecting Surprises” using the Scripture Mark 8:27-38. The Chancel Choir will sing “Alleluia” by Lantz.
• 9:30 a.m. – Samoan Worship in the Chapel.
• 9:45 a.m. – New Youth Worship in Room 201. Come to the Sanctuary at 9:30 then you will move to Room 201 after “Time with Children”
• 7:30 p.m. – Vietnamese Worship in the Chapel.
• Sunday, October 14th, 5:00 p.m. – All-Church Harvest Potluck Dinner in Acker Hall. Congregations Coordinating Council (CCC) is excited to be sponsoring the third annual all-church Harvest Potluck Dinner, with entertainment by each of our worshiping groups. Everyone, please bring a main dish. If your last name begins with A-L, please also bring a salad or appetizer; if it begins with M-Z, please also bring a desert. Tableware and drinks will be provided. Questions? Please contact Jackie Gonzales, Mary Lou Ball, Crystal Collino, Binh Dang, Susan Abraham, Ellen Park, or Barbara Tosi.
• The deadline for the October issue (to be mailed Thursday, September 27th) of Expectations is 12:00 noon on Tuesday, September 18th. Any events occurring in October and November should be in this issue. You may E-mail articles to firstname.lastname@example.org, bring them to the Church Office, mail them, or (if they are short) call them in, on or before the deadline. Janine Ryder, Editor
• Blessing Bags need snack food items (breakfast bars, peanut butter or cheese crackers, pretzels, peanuts, etc.). Items may be left at the church office.
• Do you sing? Play an instrument? Have a trio, quartet, or other musical group you perform with? Then we are looking for you! If you or someone you know would like to provide music for our Worship services please contact H. H. Hanson, email@example.com or 714-904-0805, to sign up. We would love to have special music throughout the year!
• Remember to look for the clipboard, on the counter in the office next to the Flower Calendar book, to sign up to be a Sunday Greeter! Greeters for October at the main door are needed. Signup in the office on the counter clipboard, or call the office at 714-534-1070.
• Wednesday, September 19th, 10:00 a.m. – United Methodist Women General Meeting in Acker Hall. We will be working on crafts for the Bazaar. There will be different stations with different crafts. We will have a light brunch. Come and join us.
• Wednesday, October 3rd, 9:30 a.m. – Trinity Circle Meeting at Binh Dang’s.
• Tuesday, October 9th, 2:00 p.m. – United Methodist Women Executive Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, October 24th, 6:30 p.m. – Finance Committee Meeting in the Lounge.
• Wednesday, November 7th, 7:00 p.m. – Church Council Meeting in the Lounge. This changed from October 24th so that Pastor Bau Dang will be able to attend.